Friday, May 6, 2011

Gallop/Gallup Family

On our trip to the Allen County Public Library in Fort Wayne, Indiana in March we were able to copy some of the pages from the Gallop Family Genealogy:

Gallup Genealogy: Gallop, Galloup, Galloupe, Gallupe, Gollop. Second edition, Revised and Expanded. By The Gallup Family Association, Inc. Brigham Young University, Family History and Genealogy Research Services, Provo, Utah. 1987.

I ran across this surname on my mother's side of the family. I have a Dorcas Gallop born in Nova Scotia who married Peter Allen (1761-1840) 3rd great-grandparents. I still don't know much about her but this genealogy has provided her ancestors.

Dorcas Gallop (1774- ) Onslow, Colchester, Nova Scotia
m. abt 1793 Peter Allen (1761-1840)

Nathaniel Gallop (1734- ) Stonington, New London, CT
m. abt 1759 Hannah Parent (c 1737- )

Nathaniel Gallop (1707-c 1744)
m. 1731 Dorcas Collins

Benjamin Gallop (1664-1731) Boston, Mass.
m. 1694 Hannah Sharp ( -bef 1731)

Nathaniel Gallop (c 1628-1676) Bridport, Dorset, England
m. 1652 Margaret Eveley

John Gallop (by 1593-1650) England to Boston, Mass.
m. 1618 Christabell Brushett ( -1625)

So at the moment I am entering the data I copied into my Link Family tree (my mother's surname). This is another line that was a brick wall until we discovered on the Internet the hint that her name was Gallop. That started more research activity on my part.

1 comment:

  1. John and Christobel were my my 9th great grandparents. They had a daughter, Joan, who married Thomas Joy. I have stories about them on my ancestry site. Christobel did not want to come to America, she had to be persuaded by her minister in England to make the trip. Nathaniel Gallop had a twin brother, Samuel. It is believed Christobel came on the Griffin in 1633 with Rev. John Cotton, Rev. Thomas Hooker and Rev. Stone. Christobel and John Gallop were admitted to the church in Boston in 1634.

    ReplyDelete